Thursday, October 9, 2008

Is it already October?

Well, I haven't completely dropped off the face of the earth..... but it has felt like it quite a bit the past month or so!!!!! Where to start?!?!?

For about 5 weeks I was down with an awful respiratory cold. (Anne, I love to share things with ya but this was not one :) Thankfully, I am much better! Get this..... when I went to the Dr I had gained 14lbs.....UGGGGHHHH. And it really was that fast..... all the sudden nothing fit. No worries though, I am working out again.


Kids are doing great! Loving school and having fun here at our temporary house (thanks Tammy & Dad)! They have made many friends. It is amazing the school teaches much the same way the elementary I attended years ago. Not real sure how I feel about it. They are REALLY intense! Thankfully, the dyslexic program is seeming really good. MAN, I MISS HAYS CISD! I know that there has been much discussion about Math investigations but my kids have slipped into the Simple Math here quite easily....... truthfully I dislike that my first grader isn't learning the MI way. Anyway, this is a process and they have a long way to go..... I am confident things are working as they should!



Last week, my Grandy had a heart attack. So needless to say I spent the week in the hospital. He ended up having a double bypass. He has good days and he has bad ones. The man is amazing before the heart attack he at 85 was walking 3 miles a day, working in the garden, and taking care of his land. I have full confidence that he will recover and be back out working the rest of us!





Happy Belated Birthday, DAX!




You are my best friend and I can't imagine the world without you!




I love you so much! Let's make this next year tons of fun!

2 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

I am glad you're back. I missed you!! Love you.

Dax said...

tons of fun, no doubt. Love you.