Anyway, we are very overwhelmed because of all the changes that need to take place. The doctor prescribed him an EpiPen to keep around at all times and one for school. I am freaked out that it was another food allergy that caused the Anaphylaxis just because it never happen all the other times he ate peanuts...like last week for lunch. I am actually hearing that this is common though.
Below is a picture of what we thought was an allergy to pine dust on the fort several months ago. I dosed him with benadryl and took him to the eye doctor who gave him anti-histamine drops. This was a few hours after the initial swelling went down.
Below is a picture on the night that we went to the ER and he had the severe reaction. Believe it or not he looks 100% better than when we ran in with him barely breathing.
My favorite Ollie and Jax interaction over the whole thing:
Jax: "Ollie, you won't be able to eat PEANUT BUTTER!"
Ollie: "JAX, BUT I WILL BE ABLE TO BREATHE!"
This whole thing is very scary but I am very glad that we now have a way to help him if there is another emergency.