Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Trip HOME

Good Times & Good Friends



What a wonderful couple of weekends.... I just had to blog about it. Dax has been out of the country this was my second weekend alone. This by far is NOT the wonderful part...
I miss him sooooo much!
Last weekend, we had a lot of fun. We celebrated Mary's birthday! I must say I have an AWESOME mother-in-law. It was great the kids and I got to celebrate with her! An added plus, we saw more family and a special cousin my girls LOVE seeing. We also got to see my grandfather celebrate 50yrs of being a Mason in the Masonic Lodge. (My kids thought it was super cool he has a connection to "National Treasure" which is a favorite movie around here!) It was a very touching ceremony. My brother's family and sister's family were there. We had a nice time together. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera.... traveling with 4 kids alone..
pretty good excuse :)
O.K. on to this weekend.... after a week of homework, homework, more homework, and just the everyday taking care of 4 other people, I needed some "Big" girl time! On Friday night, I dropped all 4 off at gymnastics fun night. They had a blast! I also had a wonderful time hanging with Anne, her parents and hubby. We ate dinner and talked. It was so nice and comfortable.
I just love them bunches!


On Saturday, I just stayed home all day. I had a revolving door of neighbor kids in and out. WONDERFUL!!! In the afternoon Holly, Sherry and their kids came over. We had 11 to 13 kids in the house at any given time. Surprisingly, a little Rum makes kids whining seem less annoying. We talked, laughed and played some dominoes. These ladies are really a blessing in my life. Plus, their boys & my boys have a special bond that I think will last a lifetime!
This weekend was just what the Doctor ordered. Driving back to Houston with renewed spirits, I tried to gather my thoughts to the week ahead. I know someday this will feel like home. It seems so far off. Hopefully, when we get to buy a house and settle in one spot the HOME-like feeling will appear. At least on Thursday night late.... my hubby will return and he is my
#1 feeling of home.

These 2 pictures are some cute ones of my kiddos before school last week.

1 comment:

Dax said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend. Singapore is nice, but I can't wait to get home...Love you.