Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finding Joy....

in the little things!

My kids are my GREATEST TEACHERS! Today, after Emma got her flu shot I bought all the kids a huge lollipop. You can imagine their joy! My four year old finds joy when his brother reads him a book or ask him to play. Delaney finds joy in helping make dinner. Emma finds joy reading, reading and reading. Jax finds joy in making me laugh and climbing a tree! All four are bounding with joy when their Daddy walks in the door at night. Joy is found and so excitingly shared around me!!!
One of my favorite stories is when the boys were 4 & 2. We were driving to pick the girls up from school running late as usual when we got stopped by a train! I sighed a loud and digusted,"OH, GREAT!"
Immediately from the back Jax squealed, "OH, GREAT.... Ollie a train....look...look... OH, GREAT!" His joy was so BIG & BEAUTIFUL I could not help but feel it also. We rolled down the window and enjoyed the sounds of the train. I can't remember if we were late or not but the girls don't either. Still, everytime I get stopped by a train I feel Jax's JOY!
Anyway, as we enter the hectic Christmas Holidays try and remember to find joy even in the smallest things! Also, make sure to share it!!!!

No comments: