Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cupcakes for Dinner

Tonight, I made cupcakes for dinner.........yum! I put some veggies on our plates and told everyone to pick out which color they wanted. "REALLY.... we get to eat them now!!!!" Dax kept looking around for what else went with dinner. He was very polite but looked a little concerned!





The boys and De took theirs & quickly started to lick the icing off. "This doesn't taste like icing!" They said. "Oh really,What does it taste like?"
"It taste like mashed potatoes!"
Then I yelled...."April Fools!"
So the dinner was meatloaf muffins with colored mashed potatoes!
I got the idea from Family Fun.
The kids and Dax were all totally surprised! About 10 minutes before they all got home, I put in some berry muffins so the house smelled like sweets. Dax said he was so relieved because all he had for lunch was a bar. He was starving! They ate these up....what a great laugh!



2 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

Fun!!!What a great idea. :)

Holly said...

Too funny!! I'll have to file that one away for next year!!
Holly