Friday, July 6, 2012

Where did JUNE GO?

 It FLEW by in a whirl of birthdays and summer fun! 

  • My super awesome birthday surprise was a flying lesson. Dax really out did himself with that one! It was amazing. There is no way I could possibly describe how powerful you feel flying an airplane. I love that Dax was able to ride along and share in my joy :-) He also made me a magnificent carrot cake.... yummy!
  • The girls got to go on a week trip to "Camp Steelman" aka my cousin Angie, Billy, and Lane's house in Las Cruces, New Mexico. This trip was their 1st time to fly alone.... I was so nervous as I put them on the plane :-) They had tons of fun. They went site seeing, to museums, camping, watched tons of scary movies, and even joined Lane for jujitsu. They were really blowing and going! The girls both really LOVED kicking butt in jujitsu! 
  • We celebrated Jax's 10th birthday with all our wonderful neighbor friends. He had a water themed party with a giant water slide and tons of water guns! We also had cousin Ryan come spend the night...which was exciting since he is a hero to the boys! I can't believe my little man is DOUBLE DIGITS now!!! He really is a wonderful guy and we are blessed beyond words to call him our son!
  • The kids went to Golf camp and had a BLAST as usual.  Girl's got a special award for being so encouraging to each other! Our sweet coach was almost in tears talking about them.
  • Dax, the boys and I all celebrated sweet Lizzy's birthday at an astros game. 
  • I was driven to the grocery by my beautiful niece Sara.... how cool is that?!?! I love getting to spend time with her and am enjoying watching her turn into a woman!
  • My nephew Will has been saving lives this summer as a lifeguard at an area pool! He is loving the job and making money! He is a certified lifeguard after all ;-) (Will likes to say this at random times!)
  • My sister and nieces have been coming over lots. We have enjoyed swimming and just beating the heat together.
  • Emma and Delaney have spent lots of time reading and watching netflix. They have watched throwback series I suggested like "My So Called Life" and we all started watching "The Wonder Years". The boys love netflix also. They are really more into cartoons like "Johnny Test" and "Super Hero Squad".
  • Emma and Delaney turned 13! I still can't believe that Dax and I are parents of teenagers.... whoa! We celebrated their day with a princess theme slumber party.... pink, pink, pink.... and tiaras! They had a castle bounce house. It was magical <3
  • So our lives really started to change in May but I was a little worried to blog about it as we were starting. We have taken up eating a plant strong diet. It is really a vegan diet where we eat wonderful veggies, mouth-watering fruits, filling grains and pastas, and numerous different types of beans. We have cut meat, dairy, and eggs....Oh and all kinds of oils! Honestly, I can't say I miss them at all. I feel so good and healthy. I haven't had insomnia since I changed my eating habits. Dax has stopped taking sinus meds and no longer needs his antacids or his inhaler.... WOW! So why did we take these drastic steps? We watched  Forks Over Knives and Fat Sick and Nearly Dead on netflix after they were recommended by my doctor and a friend. They changed the way I think about what I put into my body. Then we read many books.... my favorite Engine 2 Diet. I also bought some amazing cookbooks. My hands down favorite are by Linsay Nixon: Happy Herbivore and Everyday Happy Herbivore . 
  • We spent time at Mom and Harold's and enjoyed swimming in the pool and excellent company! The boys really loved the new swim flippers that mom had bought and liked being DUCKS!
  • The kids and I went to the new Hall of Paleontology at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. It was wonderful... I just LOVE that place! Maybe someday I will work in a museum education program.... ahhhh that is a brilliant idea I JUST had!!!!!
  • We had a great visit from our old plum creek neighbors Mark, Alyssa, and Adrienne. It was so much fun to listen to the girls all reminisce about things they did when they were little. It was too short and I hope that we do it again soon!!!
Our Favorites:
  • Ollie favorites of the month: going swimming, watching Nick and Cartoon Network, being with my family
  • Jax's favorites of the month: finding out I was going to Hawaii to see my BEST FRIEND Dylan! It really was my favorite of the WHOLE year :-) and I really liked starting to eat vegan with my family. (*I (Beth) wonder if this was said for my benefit! He struggled some early in the month but has really taken to it now. He loves helping me cook and make green drinks!
  • Emma's favorites of the month: going to Galveston and seeing Lane in New Mexico
  • Delaney's favorites of the month: My birthday party and going to see Lane in New Mexico
  • Beth's favorites of the month: flying, planning parties, spending time with my family, and cooking so much yummy food!
  • Dax's favorites of the month: kids parties, Beth flying, and good family time at the bay

JUNE IN PICTURES





















































No comments: