Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Hump Day: better late than never!

This week has been VERY hectic! I had left the girls in Del Rio to hang with their cousin and have some fun on their own. (Which they DID for a couple of days ) Well, on Monday night Angie called to let me know Delaney was in severe pain. She took her to the hospital and they were thinking it was appendicitis. We were 6 hrs away and it was 11pm......we quickly loaded bags and the boys in the car and started our long journey. Many a prayer was said that night. Thank God it appears we caught it early enough and it can be cleared with antibiotics and pain meds. Poor thing was sobbing and shaking VERY unlike her!!! When we rolled into Del Rio it was 5AM and she was at Angie's passed out from the drugs! She didn't feel like traveling till this morning and still is having pain and fever....so keep those prayers coming!
Anyway, my Happy Hump Day is my sweet girl Delaney and that she is SOOOOOO like me she asked Angie to take a picture of her IV... to show to the boys!!!!

3 comments:

Football and Fairytales said...

Oh my goodness! How awful, yet what a blessing it was caught so early! Sending Prayers your way for sure!

DOC said...

Sending love and healing prayers ... wish I was there to help ... Mom

Angela Draper said...

Poor girl! I hope she is feeling all better.