Friday, November 6, 2009

Little Miss Sunshine!


Yesterday was a weird day for me. I just felt slightly off all day. One of my classes was on some hard subjects dealing with kids.... not fun! On my drive home from school I felt compelled to stop and get new helmets for the boys. I left empty handed realizing I needed their heads! Later that evening with his old helmet that was on loose (he has been sharing with Jax), Ollie and the road had a collision. The road won.... yikes check out his forehead below! His elbow also got scraped up. It was very similar to last years bike crash....... poor baby. He slept with Dax and I last night. I woke up about every 30 minutes to make sure he was ok.
Also, I sat down to check my online classes late last night and realized I had a quiz due in 2 hours.....too much!!! Anyway, about the Little Miss Sunshine.... after my rough day Dax thought I could use a little sunshine :-) He got this for me for Christmas but said he thought I could use it now. I LOVE Little Miss Sunshine. I had her book when I was little and she makes me smile!!!


I have been having a hard time adjusting to my new roles and letting go of some too. Today, I needed to take a moment away from my studies and have a DATE....well 2 dates to be exact! I had lunch with Ollie at 10:20. He was so excited and surprised. I brought him a Sonic Cherry Slush. He told me he didn't need a lunch note from me today because he got me!!!! So sweet.

Jax was excited to see me but almost walked past me. He said, "Hi mom!" and kept walking and then it clicked. That's my mom.... and he came over to sit with me. Several times during lunch he just snuggled up to me. It was very sweet. He also LOVED his cherry slush!
It was fun to hang with my boys but now I must get to test taking.... 2 MORE today!
What have I gotten myself into?!?!





2 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

They are so sweet!!!

Angela Draper said...

I'm so sorry that you had a rough day. I can only imagine how hard it is to juggle school and a family, but you are doing great! That was so thoughtful of your hubby to give you that gift then and your boys are such sweethearts.