Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wow, has it really been so long?

Man, I don't even know where to start :-)

It has been a wonderful summer.....busy but great! I took a three week mini-mester that ended the 1st week in June which ended on the kids last day of school.

June:


  • It feels like we spent most of June CLEANING this house... it was WAY out of control. Really, we played a lot too. I have been loving sleeping in late, swimming, getting HUGS all day long, and playing games.

  • Jax had baseball camp which was absolutely wonderful.

  • For Jax's birthday all he wanted to do was see Karate Kids. So we took him, his brother and 2 friends. The 4 of them were so cute! Dax & I had a blast watching their excitement.

  • My dear friend Shelley visited with her 4 kids.

  • We took several trips to the farm and "helped" pick the garden. I cooked so much in June... I don't know how my Meme does it :-)

  • Golf camp in Galveston. This is something the kids have done for 6 years... This was the 1st year that all 7 kids (mine & Leah's) were golfing. Will is to old for camp but he just hung around and played all golf & visited with his friends. Dax, Leah, & I got in a couple of GREAT beach runs.... 6 to 8 miles each....fun! We look so funny in our barefoot shoes and camelback water packs!

  • My sister & her girls stop by often to swim & play. We love the playtime... even Leah & I!

  • For the girls & Leah's birthday we saw the midnight showing of Eclipse! It was a great night.

July:

  • On the 4th we went to the Showboat drive-in. We watched 2 movies under the stars and saw fireworks in the distance.

  • The kids spent a couple of days with their Doc, Nanny, Harold, Yaya & cousins. Dax & I enjoyed some alone time :-)

  • We went to Sea World. Emma spent the whole day with Will and 2 of his friends riding roller coasters. I can't believe she is so grown. Delaney stayed with us because she HATES roller coasters ;-)

  • Dax just got back from Singapore (for work). We missed him but that gave us a chance to hit the road, visit New Braunfels, spend time with the grandmas and even get to see Sherry & the kids.

  • I taking a 2nd summer session class online...Spanish! It is going good but a little hard with all 4 kids home.

I am sure I have missed so much but hopefully that is the highlights of the summer so far. I have tons of pictures & will try to post more later but here are some from golf camp in Galveston.































3 comments:

Dax said...

Wow! I can't believe it is already the end of summer. Love you and proud of you for keeping up with this and everything else.

Angela Draper said...

Girl! You have been busy. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Poppy said...

WOW...sounds like you've had a very busy and FUN summer :)