Sunday, October 11, 2015

Blooming

It's so hard not to worry about late bloomers. Even with the twins it was so hard not to compare and worry about the one lagging behind. Dede was crawling before Em even walked. Em was reading and writing flawlessly by the end of 1st grade. We worried and our hearts ached for De whose dyslexia slowed her down in finding the joy in reading. I still remember the first time in 6th grade that I found her engrossed in a book. I couldn't hold back the tears. Now it's just common place. I try to constantly remind myself of this fact as I watch Ollie's dyslexia and dysgraphia slow his blooming. I still ache for his struggles, but find comfort in the extra time he and I still have reading and completing homework together. All to soon he will surpass the need for me and fully bloom.



 They all bloom in their own time and just how they were meant to bloom!





Audible: this dyslexic kid's best friend! Here he was enjoying The Martian audio book!





Read the article that made me start thinking about this topic here:

Give Late Blooming Children the Time They Need by Jessica Lahey 

No comments: