Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I am GLAD that 2 men were in my bed!

Dax is officially living in Houston and has started at the new job. The kids and I are waiting here until the house sells. So far so good :) I must say I only had one night alone in my bed.....last night I had 2 men in bed with me......little men...... 4 & 6 yrs old to be exact!!!! I got a ton of good cuddling from them. Sweet babies.... all 4!!! They have been very good and are helping keep the house clean. The girls have come up to me several times just to give me a hug. All in all things are going fairly smooth....ants in kitchen, kid pooped on rug, pooped on chair, sick kid, ants in boys room...... but really it is weird so far it has just poured off of me like water on a duck's back. Of course it is only Tuesday night and it feels more like Friday.
I write as often as I can in a notebook a list of things I am thankful for.... one night a couple of months ago I was asking my youngest, who was wanting to write with me, what he was thankful for..... his reply was " I am GLAD that......." I can't remember about what but it really took me out of my box and opened up so many other things I am Thankful for. That night we wrote a whole page of things we were glad about!
So I close with a few things that made me GLAD today:

  • I am glad that the boys crept into bed with me last night!

  • I am glad Dax likes his new job and is excited!

  • I am glad I got time alone with each of the girls while walking today. Nothing better than chatting while moving the body!

  • I am glad that we got a little rain!

  • I am glad I really feel like Pollyanna!

2 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

I am glad to have you as a friend! I love you and want to get our kids together soon. I am glad DAX likes his new job. You are amazing hanging so well with four kids by yourself. I barely make it a day by myself with two kids. I miss you and your family.

Dax said...

They better not get too comfortable. I want my spot back when you get to Houston.