Monday, August 11, 2008

My nephew is a tough guy!!!!!





One of the most wonderful days of my life was the birth of my 1st nephew. I was in the room when I offically became an Aunt. WOW!!! I almost pushed the Doctor out of the way and caught him myself! I first experienced the miracle of birth 12 1/2 years ago. This little boy had my heart from that moment on!Now, this young man continues to amaze me. I love his company. He makes me laugh. My nephew is so kind, smart, helpful, athletic...... ok I could go on and on....... (he SOOOOOOOoooooo much like his Aunt)!Anyway, he's my boy! So just imagine..... I am in Galveston at my Dad's bayhouse sitting by the pool when I hear, "He is hurt and they are calling an ambulance!" I was mad...... What, how, why am I just being told? Then I realized he wasn't even at the house, he was down and across the canal. I grabbed my keys. Dad & I headed to the yard where everyone said he was. (I want to add that my sister was at home in Magnolia having a garage sale) When I jumped out of the car I started yelling his name. A man yelled, " He is here!" I could hear the ambulance nearing. My nephew was laying in the grass moaning. A man was hold a blood soaked rag around his foot. He had been paddling the kayak in the canal with 2 girls. They got out in a shallow area and were having a mud fight. My nephew stepped into an oyster bed and cut his foot up. Oyster shells are sharp as razors. He had one giant gash and a few other small ones. Poor kid was in a ton of pain. He immediately applied pressure while in the water yelling for help. Dax said the boat was covered in blood. We spent the whole night in the ER and he got all stitched up. He is on crutches for 10 days.


My dad said that my sister, nephew and I were WEIRD for pulling out the camera and taking these while he was being stiched up. I spared you the before pictures with the gash open. Of course he was numb, in much better spirits, and ready to text friends pictures.Boy.... I love this kid.... Thank God we have a happy ending and he is on the mend!

No comments: