Friday, January 8, 2010

My Word for 2010

I read about One Little Word last year on Brene Brown & Ali Edwards blogs. Oops, I never got around to doing it but something just grabbed me this year on the Ordinary Courage Blog. I couldn't let another year pass without claiming my word.
I found a free tool by Christine Kane to help discover your word of the year. I sat down and wrote words that came to mind.... and if you know me my MIND is STRANGE ;-)
Volume
Rising
Glue
Stamina
Flow....... Flow
FLOW
and there it was popping out at me FLOW!
I had filed this word away in my mind since reading a post Lesley last month.
Over 2009 I had quite a few flow experiences...more & more as I returned to College last semester. I am hooked on the rush and joy of being totally emersed in a task. It is the feeling I get when running (not when I start but during the run). I am envisioning this year being a FLOW YEAR! I am challenging myself to find the flow in all aspects of life not just limit it to one or two. The above picture is from a visit to the farm earlier in the week. It is of my children in one of my favorite places on Earth!
So in 2010 my word is Flow.

2 comments:

Dax said...

Love the picture and the word baby. Here's to you and your FLOW in 2010.

Poppy said...

Excellent word!