Saturday, May 3, 2008

The good parking spot!

I just remember praying....actually praying (what a waste) for a close spot in the parking lot. The thinking was that I deserved it....I had 4 kids under 5! My almost 6 month leg ordeal really changed my view of the good parking spot. It has been thankfully a year and a few months since I was finally given the all clear. Being on crutches with 4 little ones at home was very challenging and tiring. What was once a quick trip to the store now became an ordeal. Puppy backpack (leash in disguise) on the 2 1/2 year old and a mean mommy voice saying "hold hands" every five seconds to the 3 1/2 year old as we trekked across parking lots to get inside. Those scooters inside made it not so bad while shopping. Outside it was hot and my leg ached with every bounce. Looking back, I know someone else would have gone for me but I wanted to be helpful. I wanted out.... I am a goer and doer by nature. Mom always said my middle name should be "Play". Anyway, the moment I could walk any distance I started to park farther and farther back. Now, I drive past the first open spaces. On hot summer days the kids whine and say, "We have to walk so far!" I just smile, "Thank God we can!" After sitting in a bone cancer Doctor's office and finally realizing it's just a hidden break leaking marrow, the good spot for me is in the back!!!!

No comments: