Friday, May 30, 2008

Kinder graduate & seeing yourself as a child

Yesterday, my third baby graduated from Kindergarten! It was so sweet. They sang to the tune NY, NY but with 1st grade, 1st grade! I just teared up... I can't believe I refrained from crying. The day before I had come across his hospital baby bracelet..... for that I sobbed! Truthfully, I never really got the time flies by........ and everyday it becomes more and true. My grandfather just told me that for him the days are passing even quicker now! I can only imagine.....

The girls are finishing the 3rd grade today..... WOW, I HAVE 2 FOURTH GRADERS!!! Next year, they get to go upstairs. Right now, I can find humor in their moodiness that is developing. Ask again at the end of the summer ;)

Yesterday, my sister told me about something she read by Louise Hay. Ms. Hay is an author our mother has read and loved for years. She was talking about how we need to each look at ourselves as children. Really, imagine yourself as a small child. She does this in an exercise to help us see how critical and mean we can be to ourself. This really spoke to me... I just see so much of me in the girls. Would I say that to my daughters..... No, (most of the time and if not a quick appology is given) I treat them with kindness, show them a better way of seeing themselves and their strengths, and help them with any weakness. Why am I saying it to my self? I am after all a child of God just as my sweet babies. I like this...... GOOD REMINDER!!!!!

No comments: